Some of the hardware we have experience with:
ASUS Tinker Board
- Build around the Rockchip RK3288 SoC, mostly found in Chromebooks
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A17 with 2GiB RAM for plenty of computing power!
- Amazing full duplex network speed of 117 MiB/s (measured) in both directions at once!
- Smooth 4K H265 (HEVC) video playback (tested)
- Good community support: Rockchip, armbian, Tinker Board Community, ..
- Showing LeMaker Banana Pro with attached Seagate 8 TB Archive HDD (Yes, SMR!)
- Build around the Allwinner A20 SoC with native 3 Gbit/s SATA!
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-A7 with 1GiB RAM
- Good network speed of 80MiB/s egress, 105MiB/s ingress and 45 MiB/s in both directions
- SATA speed (measured using SSDSA2CW12) is 209 MB/s reading and 37 MB/s writing
- Good community support: sunxi community, Gentoo, armbian, eLinux, ..